Arts & Culture / Overview
The Arts and Culture programme of the 2nd AsiaPacific Outgames was a rich feast After all, Wellington has a reputation as�New Zealand's capital of culture!
On the menu was:
- The biggest ever exhibition of visual arts by lesbian and gay artists in New Zealand
- Performances and theatre shows, including the fabulously colourful Queen of the Whole Universe
- Documentary films of gay and lesbian interest
- Cultural showcases for Maori, Pasifika, and other performers
- Exclusive Outgames day trips and evening tours, where you could take in wonderful gardens and taste sumptuous wine, explore the hidden treasures of Te Papa (New Zealand's national museum), or explore a wildlife sanctuary by torchlight with the chance to see tuatara - little living dinosaurs - and possibly New Zealand's national bird, the kiwi
- Mixing with the locals at St. Patrick's Day events, or taking in professional opera at the elegant St. James' Theatre
- The opportunity to sing in an LGBTI choir
- The Velvet Club the premium entertainment offering for women
- And, of course, the opening and closing celebrations and plenty of parties in between!
Click on the links and the sections above to discover more.
If you want to get in touch with us about our Arts & Culture programme, contact the Arts Convenor.
Play �Excite� Inspire